Who We Are
Women in Automotive was founded by six industry female leaders who came together with the same interest in empowering and developing women in the auto industry. The philosophy is that this benefits both women and the automotive industry and will help facilitate attracting, hiring, training, mentoring and developing more women leaders industry-wide.
WIA Board Members
Lou Ann Hammond
Tecklenburg Advisors / Women in AutoCare
Dana W. White
Marisabel O. Cole
WIA Executive Board
Why a Women’s Conference?The industry focuses quite about on certain niche segments. There are conferences for any major theme in automotive digital, leadership, finance, marketing, sales, etc. These events serve as great platforms for discussion, debate, networking and most importantly innovation. People who attend these events are pushed and challenged and filled with the information of the changes and progress in those fields. They find themselves growing every year. So, the real question is… why not a women’s conference? Women are an under-served population in this industry when it comes to those needs and having those platforms. There is significant growth in the number of women working in automotive and attending conferences and seminars. With women only making up 2.8% of all dealerships and only holding 7% of the managerial, sales, and service advisor positions, the Women in Automotive Group feels passionately about providing a place for women to come together to share and learn. We want to provide an experience that discusses challenges, changes, opportunities for education, personal branding, and career paths. A first of its kind conference serving women that make up all aspects of the industry, Women in Automotive is a stepping stone to the greater growth of women in this space in leadership roles.
Why should automotive dealers send their employees?
- Scientific data is proving the effect women have on sales, sales management, and service advisor roles.
- The value of this conference is OFF THE CHARTS! We have kept costs low with the purpose of making it possible for women to attend. The speakers, topics, breakout sessions, and educational opportunities far exceed the cost of sending their employees.
- Developing the employees they find potential in can help motivate and drive the momentum of their departments.
- Reason 4 : Retention statistic?
- Reason 5: A page of stats?