NAUTO is an autonomous car startup on a mission to make cities safer and more efficient with better drivers. We're looking for engineering and business professionals who love to design, build and scale real-time distributed systems to join our growing team in Palo Alto.
Merging artificial intelligence with computer vision, Nauto’s systems detect and react to what’s happening on the road ahead of a driver and within the vehicle. Nauto algorithms sense when there is an issue on the road ahead, or a distraction within the vehicle, and helps the driver respond. Nauto also automatically understands when a collision is about to happen, and records the scene inside and outside of the car then. Images and data about the incident are stored in the cloud, and can be shared via Nauto’s app and fleet management tools.
Nauto is currently selling its platform to automobile OEMs, insurance providers and commercial fleets. The company's systems are already running on several classes of high-volume commercial vehicles. Longer term, Nauto will continue to partner with auto manufacturers to evolve its systems from an onboard safety AI into a platform that accelerates the development of autonomous vehicles.
Investors in Nauto’s recently announced massive $159M B-round included Softbank, Greylock, Andy Rubin’s Playground Global, Draper Nexus as well as leading strategics including BMW, GM, Toyota, and Allianz Insurance.
- Craft a coherent product vision, strategy and roadmap for bringing Nauto’s AI-powered safety products and data to automotive companies.
- Gain a deep understanding of Nauto’s technologies and commercial fleet product offerings and align the roadmap for our automotive partners’ needs.
- Drive execution. Have a bias towards action, build the data and knowledge base to support those actions, build strong relationships with engineering, computer vision and data science teams, keep the customer in mind, iterate rapidly and make decisions that are good for Nauto.
- Think big picture and deliver on the details.
Experiences & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in applied math, sciences or engineering and MBA or graduate degree in a management or technical field (preferred but not required).
- 8+ years of experience in a product management at a tech company; Experience in or working with an automotive company is a plus.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills; Excellent communication skills.
- Experience successfully multi-tasking, dealing with ambiguity, paying attention to detail while quickly driving towards insights and actions.
- Experience developing products that utilize computer vision and deep learning and experience developing data products.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with internal and partner contacts and influence cross-functional teams.
- Proven track record of both delivering great products and delivering on continuous product improvement.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built to get around safely. We’re not just another app, we’re moving real people and goods and helping to reinvent transportation and logistics
- Beautiful modern work space. Many perks including cafe with meals, snacks and drinks provided
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment