Truman College is currently seeking a part-time faculty to teach Automotive Technology. If you have a passion for teaching and learning and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- You must demonstrate excellence in teaching, commitment to integrating new technologies in the learning process and the ability to inspire, motivate and empower students to succeed.
- Maintain office hours for advising, mentoring and coaching students.
- Development and revision of courses and instructional materials as necessary.
- Post syllabi and grades on Blackboard.
- Current certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Current ASE certifications in A6, G1, and a certificate in the teaching area, preferably A1, A2, A3, A4 or A5.
- Applicant should also consider obtaining ASE Master Certification status in the future for the option of teaching more classes.
- Five (5) years minimum automotive service experience.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of modern automobiles, current testing equipment, and diagnostic strategies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges!