EV Infrastructure Technology Lead
Electrify America, a subsidiary of Volkswagen Group of America, is leading the implementation of the $2B Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Investment Plan. Electrify America is committed to creating and facilitating a highly visible, reliable, interoperable and driver-oriented Electric Vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure network to support the increased adoption of Electric Vehicles in California and the rest of the United States. It will create the “Gas Stations of the Future” by investing in a range of current and future charging technologies that will provide ubiquitous access to EV drivers along highways, in metro areas, at multi-unit dwellings, at workplaces and in ridesharing programs. Electrify America will also invest in initiatives to increase the awareness and education of driving electric and will support a number of strategic ‘Green Cities’ projects in California. Through its programs, Electrify America’s investment will enable millions of Americans to discover the benefits of driving electric..
- Manage and oversee the development Charging Technology and Battery Storage.
- Create specifications
- Guide the supplier during the implementation
- Validate the developed product
- Sign off on product before deployment.
- Cultivate relationships with critical Vendors and Industry partners.
- Charging technology is highly sophisticated and it needs a close collaboration with specific vendors to be deploy successfully.
- EA needs to create a strong network with technology partners.
- Represent EA at select supplier and Standardization meetings,
- EA needs to ensure that the charging and battery storage standardization is supporting the technology leadership of EA.
- At Supplier meeting, EA need to give direction and set expectations to the industry.
- Oversee the test and validation of charging Hard and Software.
- Guide / lead the Sr. Engineer in the product validation.
- Escalate problem to the supplier.
- Validate the solution
- Sign off on updates before rolling them out.
- Manages allocated budget and complies with EA’s policies and procedures regarding budget allocation.
- Provide technical support for operations team.
- The operations team will get the support of the technology team with technical questions
- To identify and resolve technical issues in the field
- Technical input in site requirements and development.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience
- Extensive EV Charger experience
- Development Experience in Charger, Battery storage and infrastructure technology.
- Knowledge & understanding of overall automotive and EV Industry
- Vendor and Stakeholder negotiation experience
- Office Staff and Vendor Management Experience
- Strong understanding of EV Charger Manufactures and Networking service providers
- Excellent written & oral communications skills
- Excellent analytical & computer skills
- Excellent Budget Management skills
- Demonstrated record of precision & integrity in past work assignments
- Demonstrated high level of initiative
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Exceptional Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
- Electrical Engineering background or equivalent
- Integration – joining people, processes or systems
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Problem solving
- Resource management
- Experience in C-Suite presentation