NCM® Associates GMEP Scholarship
Valued at $10,500
The NCM Institute presents the General Management Executive Program, a comprehensive professional development program that will equip current and future executives for long-term success in retail automotive management with emphasis on dealership financial and operational best practices.
Click Here to Apply for the Scholarship
- Provide an all-inclusive General Manager development program, with ongoing support and guidance, to ensure new or future dealer principals, general managers and other executive level managers are well-equipped for long-term success.
- Develop the critical knowledge, skills and abilities to analyze and manage departmental and dealership operations for maximum profitability.
- Create and implement documented action plans to effect practical and measurable dealership solutions through the duration of the program and afterward.
- Equip participants to skillfully manage and balance the demands of the dealership with those of a dynamic industry.
- There are 6 sessions, held every other month for 10 months.
- Each session is 3-½ days in duration; courses are held at NCM Associates Headquarters in Kansas City, Mo.
- Classroom instruction is held continuously each day, with individual or group work in the evenings.
- Course participants can keep in touch between sessions via NCM’s Listserv.
- The core program is facilitated by members of the NCM Institute faculty. Each instructor actively works in the dealership with their clients and brings deep retail automotive management experience to the classroom.
In order to drive positive dealership performance throughout the entire General Management Executive Program, NCM employs the following strategies:
- Utilization of the NCMi Guarantee of Action (GOA) Process, whereby attendees are required to develop, quantify, document, implement, monitor and regularly report on at least seven (7) faculty-approved Action Plans following each of the first five training sessions.
- Monthly review and critique of the dealership’s NCM Financial Composite by both faculty and student to identify opportunities for improvement and track progress of sales, gross, profitability, personnel productivity and other key metrics.
- Integration of certain Variable Operations improvement initiatives within each of the course sessions. In order to maximize the profitability of the dealership, Variable Operations must always be a focus item. Agenda time will be consistently devoted to this core competency.
- 1 entry per person
- Must be present to win
- No cash value
- Winner is responsible for his/her own travel and entertainment expenses
- Must be redeemed prior to 12/31/2018
- Program start date subject to market restrictions (each class must consist of non-competing dealerships)